Lippert Component's Straptek™ Weight Tension Technology Kit
Straptek™ simplifies weight distribution hitch systems for trailers by employing a ratchet winch and heavy-duty polyester straps instead of traditional chains and snap-up brackets. Straptek allows users to safely adjust weight distribution spring bars on their trailer with a standard socket wrench. It also provides sway control and is compatible with most weight distribution hitch systems. Standard weight distribution systems (WDS) require raising the tow vehicle with a manual jack over and over in order to get the right tension. Straptek adjusts by simply tightening or loosening the heavy-duty nylon straps with a standard socket wrench, saving time and energy. Standard WDS spring bars can bear hundreds of pounds of built-up pressure. When unhooking a trailer, an RVer must eventually unlatch the snap up chains using a lifting accessory. If too much tension remains on the spring bars, they can snap back and cause serious injury. Straptek does away with chains and can be adjusted and readjusted using our easy-to-use ratchet and winch system. A standard WDS system requires at least 7-1/2 inches of extra chain between the snap-up hook and the spring bar. Straptek's low-profile design reduces the pendulum length by about half, providing increased sway control. Straptek reduces the anxiety that comes with the dangerous trailer movement sometimes allowed by traditional chain and bracket systems.
- Straptek™ brackets replace standard snap-up chains in existing weight distribution hitch systems for an easier and safer towing experience.
- Each kit comes with two Straptek™ brackets and nylon straps.
- Nylon straps made of automotive trucking strap material
- 1-1/8" ratchet set not included
- Works with every weight distribution hitch system on the market except for E-qual-izer systems.